attila

Waveforms3 Beta

Question

I just tried the latest version on my mac pro 2009 early. It takes about 2 minutes to start up, first taking forever to locate the connected discovery, then taking forever after it is loaded. On my macbook, running the same version of the os it launches almost instantly. Is there anything I can do to give you more info to help debug this? It happens either on the native usb2 ports and also on the pci-card based usb3 ports I added. The board I use for usb3 has an apple supported chip set and needs no drivers. After taking forever to load it does seem to work properly.

Hello,

1,2,3 are solved for the next version.
4. Under Time options select "Position as division" and base will not affect the screen trigger position, "5 div" will be left most and "-5 div" right position.

Thank you for your observations.

Position as division is awesome! Thanks for pointing it out. 

I just tried the latest version on my mac pro 2009 early. It takes about 2 minutes to start up, first taking forever to locate the connected discovery, then taking forever after it is loaded. On my macbook, running the same version of the os it launches almost instantly. Is there anything I can do to give you more info to help debug this? It happens either on the native usb2 ports and also on the pci-card based usb3 ports I added. The board I use for usb3 has an apple supported chip set and needs no drivers. After taking forever to load it does seem to work properly.

Which OS X version are you using?
We noticed slow USB enumeration under OS X.11.0/1 but after the recent update, of 11.2 it seems to work normally again.

Hi, I've found an irritating glitch: when using marker on the oscilloscope ( the type activated by a double click ) some values indicated by this are unreadable due to constant shaking. See the attached video for details. The platform is debian stable  (uname --all -> "Linux m-pc 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u1 (2015-12-14) x86_64 GNU/Linux ").

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bszss0y8x97kzny/out-2.ogv?dl=0

Note : the video is 15 FPS, so the glitch does not look too bad, but in reality is more irritating. The value field changes its place more often than 15 times per second (sampling ... sampling)

Hello,

I recommend using this hot-track with stopped acquisition.

The labels are updated and positioned on mouse movement, new acquisition... 
The default update rate is 10ms (100/sec). At this rate even if the label positions are fixed, with stable signal and correct trigger, the values are hard to read.

Which OS X version are you using? We noticed slow USB enumeration under OS X.11.0/1 but after the recent update, of 11.2 it seems to work normally again.

Yup, it looks like when I updated to 10.11.2 it solved the problem. Thanks!

19 hours ago, attila said:

Could you try the version I sent you in private message ?

Hi attila, 

This version works fine with Analog Discovery 2 on my macbook.  Thanks.