Waveforms3 Beta

attila

Question

I tried using the latest Waveforms 3 Beta on Arch Linux. I installed adept-runtime without a problem and installed the beta to /usr. When I run waveforms without an Analog Discovery attached, I can use the demo mode perfectly fine. However when I connect the Analog Discovery it never finishes calibrating. Any guidance on how to troubleshoot this? It worked on Ubuntu 14.10 (my friend ran it).

I just ran it again and this time programming finished and returned

JtscInitScanChain failed ERC: 0x3E9

I'd like to try out waveforms 3 beta.I've already sent an email to waveforms@digilentinc.com. I'd also like to know how usable is it and what works and what doesn't. Thanks

I'd like to try it as well, but they haven't replied to my email from a few days ago.

I just wanted to say I've installed WaveForms3 on Fedora 22 and it's working great!   It would be nice to have a RPM but I just installed it manually.  I have had no crashes or other strange behavior, and it's very responsive on my cheap Broadwell box.

The Scope window is really nice with lots of subtle features that are quite handy.  The scripting is very powerful.  Perhaps the analyzer could be extended to use scripting for custom decoders.

The software already seems pretty full featured to me; I could see this as a great platform for higher-end devices in the future.

I got the latest download, digilent.waveforms_v3.0.17.dmg, and installed both, the driver and the app.

When I launch WFs, I get "No device detected" message even though my AD is connected. WF runs fine in DEMO mode.

Any suggestions?

​I am having the same problem. Did you end up getting resolution on this?

First of all try to do a reboot.

On OS-X our driver is a driver filter which prevents the default driver to be loaded. To verify that this is installed and loadable execute the following command:
sudo kextutil -t -n /Library/Extensions/DigilentFtdiDriver.kext

The other solution is the manual unload of default driver, which last until reboot:
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI

Archived