Ruben

How to flush the buffer in burst mode ZedBoard and FMCOMMS3

Question

Hello,

I am using the ZedBoard and FMCOMMS3 to receive data in two channels (I am programming with Matlab toolbox). I am using an IF of 25KHz and Fs of 2 MHz. Since I get a warining : "1 samples from the radio have been lost", I am trying to use the burst mode. When I do that, I do not lose samples any more, since they are stored in the buffer and then processed. The problem is that I want to measure in real-time. I am processing the next example:
1. I send a -50 dBm signal with a signal generator to the zedboard and I capture the data.
2. I change the output power of the signal generator to -40 dBm. I capture the data, and I expect to get this -40 dBm, but I still get -50 dBm because the buffer was filled with the previous signal.
Is there a way to flush the buffer of the sdrrx object before capturing the new set of data (-40 dBm) in the burst mode?
The other option if to use the normal mode, without burst mode enabled, but in that way I lose samples and I guess that in that way I can not completely trust the phase stimation I get from the signal.

Thanks very much.

1 answer to this question

Hi @Ruben,

We at digilent do not have matlab or experience with matlab and fpga's. I would suggest to reach out to matlab forums about this issue.

thank you,

Jon