Openscope stopped remembering auto connect (Resolved)

My OpenScope was working fine on WiFi until I connected it to USB and update the firmware. Now it won't connect until I connect with USB first and put the network password in. It seems to remember the network but won't connect. When I edit the settings the password is always blank.

Hi @nophead,

I have contacted the engineer much more familiar with the OpenScope MZ firmware about your question; they aren't in the office until next week though so it may a bit until you hear a response back.

Thank you,
JColvin

Actually it does remember the password it just doesn't auto connect. If I tell it to connect it does. If I look at the settings then the password is blank and it then forgets it.

I definitely set the auto connect option but it seems to be ignored, or forgotten.

When you update the firmware it will erase saved wifi data.  After updating if you run through the Wifi setup wizard and enter your credentials and tell the OpenScope MZ to auto connect does it connect at boot?

Thanks!

-Kristoff

No it doesn't matter how many times I enter the WiFi credentials and select auto connect it won't auto connect. It will only connect when told to via USB, which makes WifI useless as I can no longer use it without a USB connection. It remembers the SSID and password unless I edit the settings and then it forgets the password.

I.e. When I plug it in I get just the blue flashing light. In device manager I can select the local host and configure. It shows WiFi disconnected. If I select SETUP WIFI it shows my saved connection. If I click on it it connects. If I select modify both the password and auto connect are blank. If I set them both, save it and modify them again. Auto connect stays set but the password goes. But if I disconnect power auto connect goes.

I was also going to add that forgetting the connection and creating it again doesn't help but actually that has just fixed it! Very odd because that was the first thing I tried when I ran into problems.

• nophead changed the title to Openscope stopped remembering auto connect (Resolved)

Archived