JimPitcher

Question

The micro usb has failed on three of our class CMOD S6. I am looking for another way to program the CMOD. Can the JTAG side be used to interface to program with? What cable system would be used to work with the JTAG Adept software?

3 answers to this question

Hi @JimPitcher,

You may use the JTAG HS2 or the JTAG HS3 to program the Cmod S6. However, there may be an easier solution depending on the situation. What do you see on your OS when you connect the Cmod S6 (in the Device Manager if you are using a Windows system) and what do you see in the Adept software when you connect these Cmod S6's?

Thank you,
JColvin

When the CMod S6 is connected with the micro USB the device manager reports as a Digilent device.  When the device driver is not recognized the Digilent device is not present. Replacing with a good CMOD s6 it is properly recognized. I am hoping that I can back door using the JTAG with Adept and program the CMOD s6. I do not have a JTAG HS2 or 3 at this time and will order one. I have installed the Adept software and it recognizes the CMOD s6. I do not have the CMOD's with the bad micro usb with me. I will try one later.

Hi @JimPitcher,

Please download Adept 2 here. Is adept 2 able to recognize the Cmod S6 in question? Can you attach a screen shot of what adept sees? Does the device manage recognize an unknown device is connected when the cmod 6's in question are connected to the pc or does nothing change in the device manager?

thank you,

Jon

Archived