Pmod OLED rgb

YogaDog

Question

10 answers to this question

@YogaDog,

You'll have some work to do in order to do it.  The Verilog file needs to be driven by a Wishbone bus master.  That's why the CPU software is so important.

If you wanted to, and you had a spare UART, you could use this design to create a wishbone master that would be controlled from the serial port ... but even then, you'd still have to 1) connect it to the wishbone interconnect, and 2) send the values to start it up from your host computer.

You might find this simulation model more valuable.  When using Verilator on a gtkmm enabled machine, you can then use it to "see" what should be on the OLEDrgb in an on-screen window.

Dan

I have a Pmod ALS light sensor, the data is taken from it. Depending on the sensor data, the brightness of the Oled RGB screen changes all this is connected to Altera DE, the code on the Pmod ALS is ready. I do not really understand how Oled RGB connect.

@YogaDog,

At the physical level, it's a basic SPI connector.  That's what the Verilog file I shared handles.

At the next level up, there's a very complicated protocol associated with the OLEDrgb.  To get it started, there's a careful bit of timing that has to be done properly via the reset wire and power wires, together sequence of commends you need to send to it.  This was the purpose of the software.  You could replace this with a state machine if you wanted, but I don't have an example of that to show you.

Dan

Archived