Zybo board repair

sage

Question

Hello. I have a zybo board that is not working. I was told that a 12 volt power supply was used instead of a 5 volt power supply. Is there anyway that it could be repaired e.g. changing a fuse or chip. thank you.

Asim

9 answers to this question

Hi @Asim,

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest to look at page 13 of the schematic here. I would first check the capacitors on the different power rails i.e. C222 on the 3v3, C227 on the 1v0  after the power regulator. Does the Zybo pgood light come on when powered on? We do not provide a repair service. We can help you narrow down where the issue is, but you would need to facilitate any repairs.   

thank you,

Jon

@jpeyron

Hello Jon

Thank you for helping me out. The pgood light doesn't come on. I have taken the voltages at different points which i thought might help.

0 volts at c213, c222, c223, c227, c228, c231, c234           2.1 volts at c215, c216, c217, c218          1.7 volts at c229, c232          2.1 volts at c225, c221          0 volts at R279, R264       2.1 volts at R261

Asim

Hi @Asim,

How are you powering the Zybo? If its externally have you tried powering it through the usb. Have you tested your power source. If you are using a powered usb hub try using one of the usb's directly on the pc. You should be getting 5v on c215,c216.... Have you tried cleaning the power switch?

thank you,

Jon

@jpeyron

Hi Jon

I was using a 5 volt external power supply before. I just tried it with a usb cable same results but i have noticed something. I get about 2 volts at the switch the same voltage is at c215/c216. when i turn the switch off i don't get any voltage on the other side of the switch i.e R261 but i still have 2 volts at c215/c216.

I am getting the same voltage across D13 i.e about 2 volts

I am getting a 3 volt drop across R281 which I think is meant to be a fuse.

Thanks @jpeyron. I am tempted to short R281 and power it though usb to check if it would work before i order the fuse. any suggestions.

Ok I couldn't wait so I shorted the fuse and the PGOOD light came on.I haven't carried out any further test. I will wait until the fuse arrives. Thanks once again. 

Asim

Hi, just thought i should give an update. I replace the fuse and tested the board by running a small project using onboard switches and leds. seems to be working fine.

Archived