Analog Discover 2 Matlab Error

Roman C.

Question

I am working on my senior design project with Matlab and the Analog Discovery 2. I downloaded the hardware support files from Matlab, though it is not able to locate/connect with the Analog Discover 2. Do you have any updates on the hardware files to fix this issue?

4 answers to this question

Hi @Roman C.,

My current understanding is that there isn't any direct support for the Analog Discovery 2 with MATLAB at this time. There are a number of threads discussing this here, here, and here. I spoke with our product manager for our scopes and instruments line and they have not heard any update from MATLAB for the MATLAB DAQ support package to target the Analog Discovery 2 (rather than just the Analog Discovery original).

Thanks,
JColvin

I have both AD1 and AD2.

None of the abve works with the latest Matlab.

daq.getVendors()

Number of vendors: 2

index    ID    Operational         Comment         
----- -------- ----------- ------------------------
1     ni       false       Click here for more info
2     digilent true        Digilent Inc.

>> s = daq.createSession('digilent')
s = 
Data acquisition session using Digilent Inc. hardware:
   Will run for 1 second (10000 scans) at 10000 scans/second.
   No channels have been added.

>> daq.getDevices()
ans = 
No data acquisition devices available.

Hi @Kabron and @Roman C.,

There has been a recent update to the MATLAB Data Acquisition Toolbox that now supports the Analog Discovery 2 on both R2018a and R2018b. You can view more information about it here (https://blog.digilentinc.com/the-analog-discovery-2-is-now-supported-in-the-matlab-data-acquisition-toolbox/) and here (https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/digilent-analog-discovery.html).

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin,

I do not understand, your message is a constructive solution or just a general purpose reasoning. Resources you are referring are monthly old while I told of yesterday experiments.
And of course I studied them all before testing.

Archived