UART monitoring both RX and TX in Waveforms

vladimirro

Question

Hello

I am a user of Analog Discovery2 and I believe it is missing one very important (for me at leas) function. I basically want to monitor and register the communication between two devices which use UART to do so. The Protocol panel looks great but I am able to register only one of the devices at the same time. Logic panel is very unfeasible in my case because I want to register many lines of the communication (like 5 min).

Is there any way I can achieve that? Maybe there is a custom script which would help in my case?

3 answers to this question

Hi atilla

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately this tool is very unfeasible when it comes to my problem. It is difficult to zoom due to the exponential zoom ratio. I am always lost because of the graphical glitches, it always changes the baud rate after zooming and I have to reopen the whole WaveForms again. Also I don;t know why but sample rate must be at least 10x UART to read the data properly. It is a good tool but not for me.

Is it even possible to script this so I will have my both transmission lines output in text mode just like in the Protocol panel? I can try to script it myself (even though I am not a good programmer) but I don't want to waste time on impossible things.

Archived