Logic Analyzer from Oscilloscope?

marwatk

Question

Before I dive into the SDK I wanted to to explore if what I'm trying to do is even possible.

I'm trying to analyze a CAN-bus where I don't have access to the RX or TX lines, only CAN H/L. I can readily see the signals using the oscilloscope, but that doesn't help me analyze the logic.

Is it possible (using the SDK or otherwise) to convert the analog signal into a signal usable by the logic analyzer? Perhaps specifying voltage thresholds for what constitutes HIGH and LOW?

Or is there another way to go about this I'm missing? (I'm just starting out with hobby electronics)

-Marcus

1 answer to this question

Hi @marwatk

In the WaveForms application the oscilloscope data can't be used directly in logic analyzer to decode the protocol.
1. On the Analog Discovery you can connect the CAN Low signal to digital in case the voltage is in range of 0/3.3V
Otherwise you could use series resistor to limit the sink current from the signal, or voltage divider adapt to logic threshold which is 1.5V with default device configuration.
2. You could export the data from Scope and import in Logic to decode it.
3. You could write custom application using WF SDK to acquire data and decode the protocol...

2:
image.png.a602cd0fce1a4630594eade0583675e1.png

Archived