usb otg port is not getting detected in my pc (win 7)

Ankit

Question

hiii,   

i just started working with zybo , i m getting problem when i connect my usb cable to usb otg port of  zybo .

it is not showing any thing in my device manager. but when i use J11 [prog uart] it is getting detected , i tried lots of things like installed FTDI drivers , then also tried all those which some of you refered . please someone help me to solve this problem ...

5 answers to this question

Hi @Ankit,

Unfortunately, There is not an easy process to use to the USB OTG on the zybo.  The USB host functionality on the Zybo runs between the multiplexed IO at the ARM processor to an IC at the USB OTG port. The communication between this PHY and the processor is not something that I would recommend trying to develop yourself (look at section 8 and 2 of the zybo reference manual here). The fastest way to getting peripherals interfaced with the board on the USB OTG would be to run an embedded Linux image on it, for which there already exists drivers that would handle communication with various USB peripheral devices. Here is the Petalinux Support for Digilent Boards which has 2 petalinux versions released.

thank you,

Jon

thank you for your response @jpeyron , but my problem is not working with usb otg actually the problem is that when i connect otg cable at J9 of zybo it is not getting detected by device manager.

i mean to say , at-least it should be available on some COM port on my pc  but that is not happening.

can you tell me what is the actual problem.  

Hi @Ankit,

If you look at page 6 of the schematic here the 5v for the USB OTG only gets routed to it when it is set up and the enable pin on IC12 is being driven active high. In this case when a Linux platform is installed that uses the USB OTG the IC12 is being driven high and the USB OTG will get the 5 V's. I attached a basic linux platform that I believe uses the USB OTG. 

thank you,

Jon

sdlinux.zip

Hi @Ankit,

The USB host functionality on the Zybo runs between the multiplexed IO at the ARM processor to an IC at the USB OTG port. The communication between this PHY and the processor has not been developed and is not something that we would recommend trying to develop yourself (look at section 8 and 2 of the zybo reference manual here). There is not a project in vivado/sdk that uses the USB OTG. Currently the only way to use the USB OTG is with Petalinux. Above is linked the petalinux builds for the zybo.

thank you,

Jon 

Archived