I would like to buy an OpenScope but ....

I would like to buy an OpenScope but before I have a question:

1.) Is possible to use OpenScope us a data logger, record the data on MicroSD and than transform the digital data again in analog direct from MicroSD with OpenScope ?

2.) Is it possible to make all this stept without procesing data on a computer ?

3.) Or do I need to process the data than record it on the MicroSD ?

In other words does OpenScope function like a Record Player using MicroSD ?  Or are necessary another steps between?

Thanks!

Hi @Ade,

You are able to use the OpenScope MZ as a data logger to get data onto the MicroSD, though WaveForms Live does not currently support custom waveforms to be generated. You can view the data that is stored on the SD card within WaveForms Live though. A blog post that goes into detail on this is available here: https://blog.digilentinc.com/introducing-the-data-logger-in-waveforms-live/, as well as the appropriate section of the WaveForms Live Reference Manual is available here: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/waveforms-live/reference-manual#logger_page.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your answer.

In a Record-Player we have waves in audio spectrum (20Hz-20Khz). We can record with a microphone an play with a speaker.

My question is if I can do the same the think with OpenScope but with ultrasounds, with a dedicated microphone and a  speaker.

Putting a microphone "in" and a speaker "out" (through an amplifier) is it posible to record on microSD and than play ultrasounds from microSD ?

Thanks!

Hi @Ade,

Based on the post about the data logging feature, I do not think the OpenScope MZ will be able to put data on the SD card fast enough in order to properly keep up with the needed sample rate for audio. The OpenScope MZ is not able to playback any data on the microSD card so it would not be able to send the recorded audio data out through an amplifier. You could play whatever data you captured on the SD card out through a different medium though.

Otherwise, I would look into the Analog Discovery 2 which has a much faster sample rate as well as an audio jack for a speaker.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived