Input not supported hdmi - Zybo z7-10

tekson

Question

Hi all,

I m beginner in Fpga, actually i dont know anything in FPGA. Last week I bought a zybo z7-10 board from diligent store. I want to run a linux on this borad, for that i did everything as per the tutorial

link:http://www.instructables.com/id/Setting-up-the-Zybot-Software/

And i installed linario in the sdcard. I only have a VGA monitor to connect to zybo, so that i used a vga to hdmi converter and boot the zybo. But i cant see nothing in the screen except the text "Input Not Supported".

Three leds in the board is lighted up and glow still. 

I dont know , whats the actual problem with this?

Can anyone help me...

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, tekson said:

i did everything as per the tutorial

these instructions are for another board, the Zybo. It won't work on the Zybo-Z7 as they are not 100% compatible. On Step 4,

Go to this link and select the last link. (it should be 533.4M size)

the link is dead so which sources did you use? You'll need to make changes for the device tree, pin assignment. 

See here for more information. 

13 hours ago, theUltimateSource said:

these instructions are for another board, the Zybo. It won't work on the Zybo-Z7 as they are not 100% compatible. On Step 4,

Go to this link and select the last link. (it should be 533.4M size)

the link is dead so which sources did you use? You'll need to make changes for the device tree, pin assignment. 

See here for more information. 

Thanks for your quick reply. When I used a monitor with HDMI input, it worked properly and i got linario desktop on the Monitor.

The reason for HDMI-VGA converter is not working with VGA monitor is due to device tree issues or any other issues. Can you please specify, why this happens.

Do I need to add new device tree files from diligent for zybo z7-10?

I was concerned about compatibility issues. Since you are not using the correct board unexpected things can happen. Zybo and Zybo Z7-10 are very close to each other but there are differences. If you receive HDMI input signal on your monitor you are good.

All monitor manufacturers, as well as the zybo, is following a standard for video signals. They have to to allow compatibility among all devices on the market. Sometimes though you can face problems because one of the device is not 100% compliant. 

1. Digilent provides example projects in bare metal, use their HDMI output project to confirm operation. If your problem persists it is a LOT easier to deal with without linux
  2. you are providing a signal on HDMI. If you can, check the settings on the HDMI monitor and verify indicated resolution and framerate, preferable for both HDMI and VGA on the same device
  3. check your monitor's user manual, it provides information about which video formats are supported
  4. check your converter, is it an active or passive converter, is it HDMI->VGA or VGA->HDMI (it DOES matter!)

Archived