Adept 2 / QNX support

labratcooldog

Question

Hello. My company is creating an embedded product running QNX on an ARM board connected to a Xilinx FPGA board. We hope to use Adept 2 to program the Xilinx board from QNX. That would seem to involve porting some of the Adept 2 APIs/utilities/drivers to QNX. I see you offer a package for Raspberry Pi, so this is not so far from that. Could you provide some help with this, or at least source code to help us in this effort?

Thanks, Chris 

5 answers to this question

HI @labratcooldog,

We do not provide the source code for the Adept 2 program, but my understanding, as per this thread that goes into a little more detail, is that you may be able to use the DMRG and DJTG libraries that are part of the Adept SDK to interact with some of the chips, though you may need develop some of our own code to interact with chips that are not part of Adept.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin.

I think there is a bit of a disconnect here. The DMRG and DJTG libraries that you are suggesting I use are only available for Linux and Windows, as seen at https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/adept/start.

We would like to run them on a different operating system, which is QNX. In order to do this, we would need to port some parts of your libraries to QNX. I am asking for some support on this task. Is there any way you could connect me with someone on your engineering team?

Thanks, Chris

Hi @labratcooldog,

Ah, I apologize for the confusion, that was my fault.

I talked with our engineer who created the Adept software about your request and unfortunately I was told that they do not have the time to assist you in this endeavor nor are they able to release the source code of Adept.

I'm sorry we could not be of more help.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived