Digilent Part # for Xilinx Eval Board Power Supply

AvnetRH

Question

Hi,

I need to purchase a replacement power supply for a Xilinx Eval Board (the ZCU102).

I came across the following Xilinx Answer Record (AR #67507): https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67507.html. This Answer Record is currently saying that a power supply can be purchased through Digilent. I have looked up the part numbers listed (6003-300-000, PW174KB1251, PW174KB1251FXX) on the Digilent website, but they do not show up. The only thing I found which came close was the following, but it seems to have a PCIe pinout and specifically says "Not for use with Xilinx® development boards": https://store.digilentinc.com/60w-pcie-12v-5a-power-supply/.

Can you please provide a Digilent link to the replacement power supply for the ZCU102?

Thanks,

aRH

4 answers to this question

Hi @AvnetRH,

I haven't ever worked with this particular power supply so I do not know if this is true, but there is a possibility that the Xilinx Development boards may refer to development boards that Digilent sells (such as the Arty). After getting some more information from our sales team (since the part is not directly available on our website), it seems you will need to email our sales team, sales at digilentinc dot com, to be able to request that specific power supply.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi @AvnetRH,

I am finding out some more information about this. There is a possibility that store page you linked to is the power supply that is referenced in the Xilinx Answer Record, but you can never be too careful about using the correct power supply.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin,

I am definitely concerned about the "Not for use with Xilinx® development boards" comment. If you look at the bottom of the Xilinx Answer Record (AR #67507), you will see that it says that Xilinx's pinout for the 6-pin connector is not the same as the standard PCIe pinout.

The AR does say though that Digilent sells the correct power supply...

Thanks,

aRH

Hi @JColvin,

Thank you so much!

My friend told me it's possibly "PSE certificate" issue.

It's normally "Partnership Japanese distributor" get those certification to sell Japan. But not direct import.

Personal use without PSE is no problem there. but if Somebody try to sell or use their equipment to sell third party without PSE logo?

That's gonna be against the law type certification.

Anyway thank you so much! You're helping me a lot.

I really applicate.

Takashi

1024px-PSE_symbol_svg.png

Archived