Does ISE 14.7 supports the XC7A100T-1CSG324C device on the Nexys4-DDR board

LJC

Question

It says that the ISE 14.7 supports the XC7A100T-1CSG324C device on the Nexys4-DDR board.  I downloaded and installed ISE 14.7, but it does not install any of the files or the drivers for the Nexys4-DDR board.  Where can I download those files from?

3 answers to this question

Hi @LJC,

I'm not certain what you mean by drivers for the Nexys 4 DDR board, but we did not create any Nexys 4 DDR demos specifically for ISE, though any of the example projects for the Nexys 4 DDR that just use HDL will be able to work in the Xilinx ISE Design Suite. The UCF file is available at the bottom of the Nexys 4 DDR Resource Center.

Additionally, I believe Xilinx has two different versions of ISE 14.7: the most recent version of ISE 14.7 is compatible with Windows 10, but only supports Spartan 6 chips. There is an alternate older version of ISE 14.7 (specifically WebPACK edition) does support the XC7A100T, but only works up to Windows 7, with some more details on supported OS's available on the Xilinx release notes here.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 3/21/2018 at 2:48 PM, JColvin said:

There is an alternate older version of ISE 14.7 (specifically WebPACK edition) does support the XC7A100T, but only works up to Windows 7

@JColvin,

I've been using ISE 14.7 on Centos 6.x for some time and it does support the XC7A100T-1CSG324C device. Honestly, I don't recall if it's the full or free version. I have not however tried targetting that device as I don't have any boards using it.

Archived