Michael2018

ZedBoard ZynqBook tutorial Exercise 4A SDK error "Undefined reference "Xil_out3""2"

Question

I am working on the Zynq book tutorial book Exercise 4A after I imported " led_controller_test_tut_4A.C " file. I got error message " Underfined reference Xil_out 32" 

image.thumb.png.1c624d4ff56c554daabf7651a0710bf4.png

Please any one has same error?

please help find solution.

Michael

14 answers to this question

Hi @Michael2018,

We sell the zynq book book but do not maintain support  for it. Support for the book is through their contact information at the bottom of the web site here  We will definitely help trouble shoot issues. Does your zynq processor have the uart checked? Could you attach a screen shot of what is connected in the zynq processor i.e ethernet, uart.... I was looking up the error and one thread mentions that this error is do to not having uart in the project and using xil_printfs. 

thank you,

Jon

Hi: Jon

thank you for your responds.

Uart is configured but I am not sure if it connected by ZEDBoard file. If you follow the book instruction created a constraint file, there is no connection for Uart port.

but in zybo board file, there is connection with Uart/Jtag pin.

Michael

Hi @Michael2018,

I have attached a screen shot of what comes attached in the default board file configuration for the zybo. as youcan see the uart 1 is selected. Please attach a screen shot of your zynq processor. Are you selecting the board when making the project?

thank you,

Jon

zynq_processor.jpg

image.thumb.png.35f21ef2e19e09f94b854ac9569ae854.png

Attache ZEDBoard configuration screen shot and I did select the ZEDBoard file. 

Uart 1 is selected. Do you think " Xil_out 32 " error message is due to driver missing?

this example is on the

Michael