digilent USB-JTAG module schematics for VC707

kevin123

Question

I am trying to repair a microUSB connector which is out of its place from VC707 digilent USB-JTAG module. Could anyone advise if the attached Molex connector part that I have will fit in okay into the original connector location ?

Below is a camera screenshot on the board location where the USB connector is supposed to locate before it is out of its place. I could not find any reference number near that connector.

It seems like the full schematics and its connector part list of U26 USB-JTAG module alone are not given in VC707 product webpage.

VC707 schematics : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vc707_Schematic_xtp135_rev1_0.pdf#page=20 

VC707 component part excel list : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jRc2ay8uLas_fGmofvru1H7wP7WuAIf7/view?usp=sharing

U26 is just the overall USB-JTAG module.
From what I have searched, it is neither J2 nor J17.

Screenshot from 2018-03-15 17-12-55.png

Screenshot_image001.png

Screenshot_image002.jpg

Screenshot_image003.png

VC707_Rev1_0_02092012_operations.xlsx

3 answers to this question

Hi @kevin123,

The co-worker we got the part number from just has access to the list of materials used on our boards, so unfortunately they don't know if the other part you listed will work or not. Taking a look at the UMMCF part you listed, I don't think it will fit as it has the horizontal mounting tabs on the side rather than the vertical tabs, so it likely won't fit. Unfortunately though, we don't know if their is a readily compatible component for the part that Jon provided, since we aren't able to find it's specific part number available somewhere on the internet (otherwise I'd happily give you the link).

On this thread, it looks like the user potentially found a compatible component, though I don't know if it matches the all of the needed mechanical specs for the connector.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived