vortex

Analog Discovery Pattern Generator How to generate just N number of sample with no repeat ?

Question

Hello,

What I would like to do is generate N number of arbitrary signals (regardless of Run time). So I configure digital channel as Custom,  I then select Samples to be "N" from which a CSV file contains the  N logic signals. I also select the Idle signal as appropriate. Now With Waveform 2015, pattern generator has Wait, Run, Repeat configurations. None of these configuration combinations results in just N logic signals and idle for the remaining duration. They always repeat the generation.

For example, if I select Wait: None, Run: 20ms, Repeat:1 , there is no repetition which is what I want.

But if I select, Wait:None, Run: 200ms (or any higher), Repeat: 1, now the samples repeat. Why would they repeat and how to configure them not to ?

1 answer to this question

Hi @vortex

To generate the custom pattern once set the Run time to be equal to pattern period, N / Frequency. The Auto Run option will set the Run time to the maximum period of the added signals.

Custom pattern of 100 samples with 1kHz:

image.png.9277dc2e05c81b502270fe77120a0cda.png