SDSoC - couple of questions

theUltimateSource

Question

hello, 

I have a couple of questions about your SDSoC platforms:

1. what is the difference between the platforms reVISION-Zybo-Z7-20 and SDSoC-Zybo-Z7-20?
  2. is there an example application for video stream (for example, HDMI-IN -> HDMI-OUT)?
  3. what is the use case for the XADC interface in the reVISION platform?
  4. what is the best way to start with reVISION? For example, can I follow the reVISION Getting Started Guide on zybo?

thank you

3 answers to this question

1) The platforms are outlined here: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/sdsoc/start . Basically, the SDSoC platform is equivalent to the platforms that are included with the SDx toolset (for boards like the ZC702) and include standard hardware acceleration examples for things like matrix multiplication. The reVISION platform is specifically targeted for people who want to do video acceleration and includes hardware accelerated versions of the openCV libraries.

2) You should use the reVISION platform and checkout the Live I/O demo. It takes HDMI input, does a convolution filter on it, and forwards it to HDMI output. FYI, I will be pushing some significant improvements to that demo within the next couple weeks. They should improve the framerate and get rid of the image tearing.

3) It is simply present in case you happen to need an analog input. The build product of a project using the reVISION platform spits out an entire linux system on which you can run your custom application. That Linux system is capable of reading the values of the XADC analog inputs, which in this case are attached to one of the pmod ports.

4)Download the latest release of the reVISION platform from the wiki page I linked above. Extract it and follow the included README to get the samples running. Afterwords, checkout some of the Xilinx documentation linked in the Additional Resources section of the wiki page. You can refer to Xilinx's getting started guide, but be aware that the samples in our platform are completely different from those included in their platform. 

On 3/9/2018 at 11:12 PM, sbobrowicz said:

2) You should use the reVISION platform and checkout the Live I/O demo. It takes HDMI input, does a convolution filter on it, and forwards it to HDMI output. FYI, I will be pushing some significant improvements to that demo within the next couple weeks. They should improve the framerate and get rid of the image tearing.

I am sorry I seem not to be able to locate the Live I/O demo.

Archived