Is the Android app of WaveForms Live use the libusb shared libraries?

I am currently trying to implement the related Android Application on the basis of Android phone and Digilent Nexys2 communication.

Through the official website I learned that the WaveForms Live device manager enables users to add, configure, and connect to WaveForms Live compatible devices. (https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/waveforms-live/add-device)

And I know that Digilent Adept is a unique and powerful solution which allows you to communicate with Digilent system boards and a wide assortment of logic devices.
However, I only find the libusb shared libraries that support i686 and x86-64(https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/adept/start?redirect=1#software_downloads)

I want to konw the following questions:

1. Can WaveForms Live connect to Digilent Nexys2?

2. Is Digilent Nexys2 a WaveForms Live compatible device?

3. Is the Android app of WaveForms Live use the libusb shared libraries?If is,what is the CPU architecture the libusb shared libraries?

4. Is there the libusb shared libraries that support armeabi or armeabi-v7a on the official website. If is, where can I find it? If not, does this mean that the development of Android applications can only be applied to Android phones or pad that support X86 or X86-64

Can you help me!

Hey,

• No.

• No.  Right now the OpenScope MZ is the only WaveForms Live compatible device.

3. Is the Android app of WaveForms Live use the libusb shared libraries?If is,what is the CPU architecture the libusb shared libraries?

• No, the WaveForms Live Android app connects to the hardware using HTTP and cannot communicate with USB device plugged into the android device directly.

4. Is there the libusb shared libraries that support armeabi or armeabi-v7a on the official website. If is, where can I find it? If not, does this mean that the development of Android applications can only be applied to Android phones or pad that support X86 or X86-64

• I'm not sure.  Since WaveForms Live is a hybrid mobile app, I would look for a cordova plugin that provides direct hardware access if you plan to integrate it into WaveForms Live.  If you don't plan to use Waveforms Live I would look into Android Studio and QT.

Good luck!

-Kristoff

13 hours ago, Kristoff said:

Hey,

• No.

• No.  Right now the OpenScope MZ is the only WaveForms Live compatible device.

• No, the WaveForms Live Android app connects to the hardware using HTTP and cannot communicate with USB device plugged into the android device directly.

• I'm not sure.  Since WaveForms Live is a hybrid mobile app, I would look for a cordova plugin that provides direct hardware access if you plan to integrate it into WaveForms Live.  If you don't plan to use Waveforms Live I would look into Android Studio and QT.

Good luck!

-Kristoff

These helps me a lot. Thank you very much!!!

Archived