Nexys 2, request for file with USB firmware (.iic)

radoslaw

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi Jon,

Thanks for this instalation file, it helps (see description below).

After running it I found on the following windows7 path "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\nsc508C.tmp" folder the "FX2FW_05_00000000_00000000_0101.IIC" firmware file which used with CyConsole application (downloaded from site). The site contains also the instruction how to program EEPROM. To do this on the Nexys2 board we must break the connection marked as JP6 (near RJ45 socket) on the bottom side of the board and solder instead two goldpins. As the result "Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP - EEPROM missing" device appear on CyConsole window. Then we must send the firmware using "Lg EEPROM" button. After successsful download we must insert the jumper cup, which re-establish JP6 connection. From that moment we should see Digilent Onboard USB on Device Manager.

I hope this sketch helps somebody.

Regards

Hi @pablo brizuela,

We were able to confirm with our design engineer that the indicated application contains firmware for the Nexys 3.

In case the application does not identify the Nexys 3, you'll see the "Fix my board" button is disabled, but you can use the "Program custom" button and select the FX2Fw_0D_00000000_00000000_030A.IIC

Thanks,
JColvin

On 5/22/2018 at 1:26 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @pablo brizuela,

We were able to confirm with our design engineer that the indicated application contains firmware for the Nexys 3.

In case the application does not identify the Nexys 3, you'll see the "Fix my board" button is disabled, but you can use the "Program custom" button and select the FX2Fw_0D_00000000_00000000_030A.IIC

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin,

I recovered my nexys 3.
Thank you.

Pablo

Archived