Zybo hdmi in demo project resolution issues.

Shuvo Sarkar

Question

Dear Experts,

The hdmi in to vga out demo project  gives perfect resolution at 1080p settings. But, wherever I try to set other resolution as I need 720p, it gives me extended resolution. Is there any option that I can fix it at 720p? Coz the monitor I want to use for output doesn't support Full HD (1080p) resolution.

https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-hdmi-demo/start

Regards-

Shuvo

13 answers to this question

On 22/02/2018 at 9:09 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Shuvo Sarkar,

Have you tried re-reacquiring the VGA image from the monitor after changing the resolution to 720p? Could you attach picture/screen shot of what you are seeing?

Hi @jpeyron,

when I select 720@, It gives me bigger image and a part of the whole frame is displayed. It only gives perfect frame at 1080p settings. What did you mean by re-reacquiring? could please explain it.

thank you-

Shuvo

Hi @Shuvo Sarkar,

I believe by re-acquiring, jpeyron means to have you cycle through the settings on the monitor so that it attempts to receive a signal from a different input with nothing on it (such as DVI if you display has a DVI port) and then cycling back to VGA, forcing the monitor to re-acquire/re-sync up with provided signal again. Unplugging the monitor and then plugging it back it will have a similar effect.

Thanks,
JColvin

15 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @Shuvo Sarkar,

I believe by re-acquiring, jpeyron means to have you cycle through the settings on the monitor so that it attempts to receive a signal from a different input with nothing on it (such as DVI if you display has a DVI port) and then cycling back to VGA, forcing the monitor to re-acquire/re-sync up with provided signal again. Unplugging the monitor and then plugging it back it will have a similar effect.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin  

This is what I am currently getting. At the monitor settings it shows input  is VGA 1280x720@60Hz. I unplugged and plugged the VGA cable. 

IMG_0167.JPG

23 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Shuvo Sarkar,

Please make sure the resolution on the laptop is set to the desired resolution on the other monitor and then turn off the other monitor or unplug and then plug in vga cable to force the monitor to re-acquire the video stream and the input resolution.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

thanks a lot it finally worked. First, I have set the laptop resolution 1280x720p and then set also option 3 in Tera Term.

Thanks a lot-

Shuvo

Archived