Is there an SDK interface for the DigitalIn voltage thresholds?

Pseudonym1

Question

In the Device manager for the AD2, there's an option for 1V8 Digital inputs. Is there an SDK function equivalent to set/get this, or otherwise adjust to the 1V8 range?

Are there specifications on the voltage thresholds (and any other parameters such as setup & hold timing) for both settings?

Does using the 1.8V setting impact the 5V tolerance of the pins, or the pin current if > VIO > 3.3V?

-Thanks

10 answers to this question

Hi @Pseudonym1

The high level digital output of Analog Discovery 1&2 and Electronics Explorer is 3.3V, only the input threshold can be changed from 1.5V to 0.5V with the 5th and 7th configurations.

You can find the specifications in the following document, see LVCMOS33 and LVCMOS18: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds162.pdf

Here you can see the 1.5V threshold in action:

image.png.1bbc1c9a91bf01a0a04efea60c1ce8bb.png

and the 0.5V threshold with 5th device configuration:

image.png.a6a6a81fa584af87423149e6efaa05a4.png

Thanks for the replies.

I am calling the FDwfDeviceConfigOpen function now, but I'm not sure the call is having an impact. Is there a way to verify the setting? In mode 4 (larger Digital buffers, but no analog buffers) will FDwfAnalogInConfigure still return a meaningful result? It would be great if it does, but seeing it return a value makes me think the mode setting didn't work. I am using the Python interface on Ubuntu 14.04 with DWF Version 3.7.5

Archived