spri

WaitSet for individual channels on Discovery2

Question

On the Discovery2, is it possible to set a different trigger wait-set (Analog/ DigitalOutWaitSet) for each individual channel index, rather than one trigger delay for the whole instrument? 

4 answers to this question

Hi @spri

The digital-out/Patterns controls all the lines a the same time with trigger-wait-run-repeat.
You could use the FDwfDigitalOutDividerInitSet and FDwfDigitalOutCounterInitSet to have delay between lines like this:
image.png.67c4c46a745abdd2ca3ad36524ed1d57.png

Thanks, this helps a lot with the pulsed outputs. 

Is it possible to also do this with the Constant output-type also? For example, in the setup below I want DIO-2 to switch from idle to constant at t=30ms (20ms delay after the 10ms wait-set), but there are obviously not options for the counter-init and divider-init for this output type. 

I am ultimately interested in doing this within the python sdk, not in waveforms (but waveforms is a good place to start to visualize what I'm doing).  In the SDK and dwf.h file it is also not clear how to set the output type to PP+constant or control the FSM/value -- how do I do that?

image.thumb.png.f27e22284ca4f131a0df32673b004f5f.png

image.png.7a834ed91dc3e92b16378c9ca68f998c.png

Hi @spri

The constant is generated specifying zero low/high counts.
Setting start with low, low-count zero and high to a non-zero, when running after the divider init expires it will change to and remain at high value.

image.png.d1be41170cde163afe12a7badace6927.png

image.thumb.png.aba108d483f2a1548e82513cde2686c7.png