PYNQ-Z1 doesn't start

naoya

Question

Hi there,

I bought a PYNQ-Z1 board near the end of 2017, and every weekend I was enjoying it on jupyter notebook (only with base overlay. I'm a newbie to FPGA and still learning how to design it.)

Last night it suddenly turned off all LEDs silently while the power was ON. I slided the power switch to ON/OFF, changed the power supply from microUSB (tried both from PC and from 12V3A adaptor) to regulator (12V 3A), but no LEDs lit on the board.

It wasn't the first time since I bought the board that it seemed to go wrong; it was at the middle of last month that the board started repeating abrupt reboots every a few or tens of minutes.

I thought it was because I had updated last month the system on microSD to PYNQ2.0. Until then I had been using the microSD I bought with the board (maybe PYNQ1.4 or something)

A few days ago I noticed that the older versions of PYNQ system images are still available on the server, so I decided to downgrade it, and prepared a microSD with older version of PYNQ.
But last night the board went dead before I try it. 

Could someone tell me how to fix this problem? Or is it possible to ask Digilent Inc. to repair the board?

Kind regards,
naoya

4 answers to this question

Hi @nickcamel,

I had to request personal information regarding the purchase of the board, therefore the discussion was moved in private conversation. 

If you are experiencing issues with your PYNQ, please give us some details about the specifics of your problem and we'll help you troubleshoot.

Regards,

Bianca

Archived