booting from Quad Spi after hard reset

bdina77

Question

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my arty board, after following the tutorial on store my program from SDK, the system works after pressing the reset button on the board but when I power cycle the board my program doesn't run.  Do I need to flush the memory after each iteration of flashing the device or is there something I am missing? 

8 answers to this question

Just to add I am using 2016.4 on both my Windows 10 machine and CentOS 7 machine. 

I had a question about the difference between mig_7series_0_memaddr and what you guys have in your SDK FLASH tutorial which is: mig_7_series_0

I am using the board.prj configuration file for my project should I make a constraint file with the pin outs listed on the Reference manual?

EDIT:

Did some more testing with the bootloader when powercycled it gets hung up at the beginning of the line:

5a85b3f99d18b_Screenshotfrom2018-02-1510-22-03.png.e48899f024268b4fcd80b4e4763e02ac.png

So I figured it that when I put a delay in very beginning of my SREC SPI BOOTLOADER program that I am able to get the system up and running after a power cycle.  The lower limit is 3 sec, or what the sleep() dictates its 3 seconds, when its removed or I drop below 3 sec the system gets stuck.  Is this normal? I know of putting delays for big applications to get everything in sync but I haven't seen anything online about this. 

Thanks for all your help @jpeyron

Archived