Question

I am trying to complete the following tutorial https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-hdmi-demo/start?redirect=1 but I am having trouble generating the project. I download and extract the hdmi_in files. In Vivado I went into the folder and did typed in the cmmd "source ./create_project.tcl" which will open the hdmi_in project. The problem is when the file opens there are no files in the project. I can see there are files in the folder I extracted but not in the project in vivado so I cannon generate a bit stream. I also get this error 

ERROR: [Board 49-71] The board_part definition was not found for digilentinc.com:zybo:part0:1.0. The project's board_part property was not set, but the project's part property was set to xc7z010clg400-1. Valid board_part values can be retrieved with the 'get_board_parts' Tcl command. Check if board.repoPaths parameter is set and the board_part is installed from the tcl app store.

I have already downloaded the correct board files for the board I am using and I can select the correct board when doing a project. I am using Zynq - 7000 Development Board 

6 answers to this question

HI @jessekotsch,

Did you download the project from GitHUb or the wiki? If you downloaded the project from GitHub then you also need to download the sub folder vivado library in the repo folder as well. What version of vivado are you using? Can you please take a screen shot your boardfiles folder including the path. 

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jessekotsch,

This demo was made in and for Vivado 2016.4. What board are you using? Are you using the Zybo? You do not have our board files installed. Here is the Vivado Version 2015.1 and Later Board File Installation tutorial. I have included a screen shot of our board files folder. You might have issues loading and generating a bitstream with the new version of the project.  Here is an older version of the zybo projects. If you have problems with this version of the project. You will need to change the version type to 2015.4 in the system.tlc   here:  hdmi_in/src/bd/system.tcl. Once you load the project you will need to upgrade/generate the IP cores by clicking tools->reports->report IP Status. Then you will need to create a wrapper. Then generate a bitstream.

cheers,

Jon

board_files_new.jpg

We downloaded the correct board file and now we get a new error 

ERROR: [BD 41-1665] Unable to generate top-level wrapper HDL for the BD-design 'hdmi_in.bd' is locked. Locked reason(s):
* BD design contains locked IPs. Please run report_ip_status for more details and recommendations on how to fix this issue. 
List of locked IPs: 
hdmi_in_axi_dynclk_0_0
hdmi_in_rst_processing_system7_0_150M_0
hdmi_in_axi_gpio_sw_0
hdmi_in_xlconcat_0_0
hdmi_in_axi_gpio_btn_0
hdmi_in_axi_vdma_0_0
hdmi_in_axi_gpio_video_0
hdmi_in_axi_gpio_led_0
hdmi_in_processing_system7_0_0
hdmi_in_proc_sys_reset_0_0
hdmi_in_dvi2rgb_0_0
hdmi_in_rgb2vga_0_0
hdmi_in_rst_processing_system7_0_100M_0
hdmi_in_v_axi4s_vid_out_0_0
hdmi_in_m00_data_fifo_0
hdmi_in_s01_regslice_0
hdmi_in_v_tc_0_0
hdmi_in_s00_regslice_0
hdmi_in_v_tc_1_0
hdmi_in_v_vid_in_axi4s_0_0
hdmi_in_xlconstant_0_0
hdmi_in_xbar_0
hdmi_in_xbar_1
hdmi_in_m00_regslice_0
hdmi_in_auto_pc_0
hdmi_in_auto_us_df_0
hdmi_in_auto_us_df_1
hdmi_in_auto_pc_1

ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'make_wrapper' failed due to earlier errors.

while executing
"make_wrapper -files [get_files $design_name.bd] -top -force"
    invoked from within
"if {[llength $bd_list] != 0} {
  add_files -norecurse -quiet -fileset sources_1 [glob -nocomplain $src_dir/bd/*/*.bd]
  open_bd_design [glob -nocompla..."
    (file "./create_project.tcl" line 125)

Hi @jessekotsch,

The version of vivado matters to projects like this. The HDMI-IN was made for vivado 2016.4 here and 2016,2 in the projects i linked above. Because you are using an older version you will need to upgrade the IP cores and create a wrapper. To upgrade/generate the IP cores you will click tools->reports->report IP Status then click upgrade. Once the IP cores have been upgraded then you will need to create a wrapper by right clicking on the design under sources.

cheers,

Jon 

Archived