Basys 3, where is J5?

Fancellu

Question

9 answers to this question

Oh, I see.

You would need some sort of gender changer (like these) or some breadboard jumper wires. I believe the reason JTAG HS2 doesn't readily connect to the Basys 3 is because the JTAG HS2 is designed for other FPGA boards that do not have that circuitry already built into it; the Basys 3 already has that circuitry, so you don't actually need the HS2 to program the Basys 3 (unless you want to).

Thanks,
JColvin

Yes, i have no immediate need, the USB works fine, it just because the docs say you can, and I couldn't work out where or how.

Sounds like something else for the docs.

Re the female J5, there seems to be some mysterious matching holes on the left hand side too.

The thing is, both columns of pinholes are so staggered that it looks like it was put on by mistake, ha

Hello,

I've updated the reference manual on the Wiki to help clarify where J5 is; I'll be sure to request that the PDF is updated as well.

Agreed, I'm not certain what the holes on the left side of the board are either, I can't find any sort of documentation explaining them. The staggering of the holes is so that you can plug in a 6-pin header and have it make contact with all of the holes without the need to solder it in.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived