Axi DMA timing

Weevil

Question

Hi all,

i am using the DMA to send data from my DDS-compiler to DDR on the Arty board. The data transfer works in general, but actual the timing is wrong.

My actual Design:

vivado.thumb.PNG.1944e14cf184b2ba1028a928fe8c9bdf.PNG

I generate a 2 Hz clock and transfer with 2 Hz values from the DDS to the DMA. The problem is, if i start the simple_poll-function from this code/design (http://i.imgur.com/7v0d7NF.png) it takes the same value many times.

teraTerm.thumb.PNG.2ad3a8420bd3b511a07b91553a8834d4.PNG

So finally the aim is to get a value every time the DDS provides a new one.

Thanks to everyone who can help!

9 answers to this question

@jpeyron

thank you very much for your comment!

i expected it would be necessary to "null" the RxBufferPtr because there are datas left from the transfer before (but i am new in this and not sure with it). I tested to delet this function and the output changed, but it did not solve my problem.

teraTerm.PNG

@jamey.hicks

I did as you suggested, but now i got the warning:

• [BD 41-1363] The clock pins '/microblaze_0_axi_periph/S03_ACLK' (interface '/microblaze_0_axi_periph/S03_AXI') and '/axi_dma_0/m_axi_s2mm_aclk' (interface '/axi_dma_0/M_AXI_S2MM') must be connected to the same source

...if i now do this connection as described i get the following error:

• [BD 41-237] Bus Interface property FREQ_HZ does not match between /microblaze_0_axi_periph/s03_couplers/auto_us/S_AXI(10000000) and /axi_dma_0/M_AXI_S2MM(83333333)

Attached my actual design:

design.thumb.PNG.9b912a29b59e42de46f53ebfb4ad1c06.PNG

@jamey.hicks and @jpeyron

Thank you very much for your comments.

I got it to work.

I changed the MAX_PKT_LEN_WORDS to 1 and the MAX_PKT_LEN to MAX_PKT_LEN_WORDS*8

With the design and uart configuration to Baudrate 460800 i got a constant stream of 100 kHz and 32bit integers. I think a higher speed also would be possible, for mit it is enough.

design1.JPG

Archived