XADC project on 2016.4

Mahesh

Question

11 answers to this question

On 2/10/2018 at 12:52 AM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Mahesh,

Here is the Using Digilent Github Demo Projects tutorial that will walk you through running the XADC project for the Arty.

thank you,

Jon

Hi Jpeyron,

Yes i am able to import the example projects and generated the bit stream without any modification. I want to download the same to the board. How i can do that? I never see JTAG connector on the board but there are mounting holes without any connector. 

Hi @Mahesh,

The micro-b usb connector on the board labeled J14 which has prog uart below it on the silk screen is the simplest way to program the Arty-Z7-20. You connect a usb-a to micro-b cable to the pc and the board and you can program the Arty-z7-20 through vivado or Adept 2. The JTAG header J15 can be accessed using a programming cable like the JTAG-HS2 and JTAG-HS3  using a male to male connector like this. These programming cables can be used with vivado or Adept 2 as well.

cheers,

Jon

12 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Mahesh,

The micro-b usb connector on the board labeled J14 which has prog uart below it on the silk screen is the simplest way to program the Arty-Z7-20. You connect a usb-a to micro-b cable to the pc and the board and you can program the Arty-z7-20 through vivado or Adept 2. The JTAG header J15 can be accessed using a programming cable like the JTAG-HS2 and JTAG-HS3  using a male to male connector like this. These programming cables can be used with vivado or Adept 2 as well.

cheers,

Jon

Hello Jpeyron,

I tried UART programming option before posting and now also checked but i am getting this warning and its not programming. 

After opening the hardware Manager:

image.thumb.png.1a11e3390147ac90da988cbb1cb62cb2.png

Programming the device:

image.thumb.png.d49ea851d2a5b8fc391874f095a4b794.pngDo i need to change any jumper settings? 

6 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Hello Jpeyron,

I tried UART programming option before posting and now also checked but i am getting this warning and its not programming. 

Programming the device:

image.thumb.png.d49ea851d2a5b8fc391874f095a4b794.pngDo i need to change any jumper settings? 

Hello Jpeyron,

I am able to program an LED using BTN input and also its downloading. How i can check the XADC project output?

On 2/16/2018 at 10:42 AM, Mahesh said:

Hello Jpeyron,

Programming the device:

@jpeyron

Do i need to mount this connector on bottom of the board (Arty Z7-20)? 

https://store.digilentinc.com/pmod-male-right-angle-6-pin-header-5-pack/

i have this jtag. can i use?

Capture.JPG.d0bc14ef9a0243c13659e3aadf15fc83.JPG

Hi @Mahesh,

You should be able to the platform cable usb II to connect and program he Arty-Z7-20 with the 6 pin connector to the bottom of the board. On your previous post you said you were able to program the board using the usb? Are you still having issue? What OS are you using?  Please down load Adept 2 and let us know if adept 2 recognizes the arty Z7-20? Were you able to run the xadc project ?

thank you,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

I was able to program the board using USB-UART cable and able to modify LED program on that XADC project (Vivado flow). LED logic got working as per the logic. I have not gone deeper on XADc project to see the output of that project.

i thought i should get USB-JTAG programming option to the board. So i will mount that connector on the bottom and try to connect existing platform cable to program.

Archived