Python support Waveforms 3.7.5

Dylan

Question

Hello,

I may have a bug to report.

It appears that the latest version of Waveforms 3 on Windows 7 and 8 does not support the python hooks and API. I have rolled my version back to the previous version and it appears to work fine. We just wanted to make sure to bring this to light as it hopefully will not continue through future versions of Waveforms.

Thanks,

Dylan

4 answers to this question

This was using Python 2.7 on Windows 7 and 8.1. We were trying to run the example programs and the board would not be recognized. For example the Device_Enumeration.py script

We rolled back the version of Waveforms and it worked on the example programs. Thus we worked up our own projects.

We are not sure the problem here with the new version. We just wanted to bring it to light that it was a strange behavior.

Hi @Dylan

The script is working for me with WF v3.7.x
Let me know if you can provide more detail about the problem.

samples\py>python Device_Enumeration.py

DWF Version: 3.7.5
Number of Devices: 3
------------------------------
Device 0 :
        Analog Discovery 2
        SN:210321000000
        Analog input channels: 2
        Max freq: 100000000.0
Device 1 :
        Analog Discovery
        SN:210244952353
        Analog input channels: 2
        Max freq: 100000000.0
Device 2 :
        Digital Discovery
        SN:210321A496F3

So I notice you are not using an Electronics Explorer board.

The EE board is the one we have here in the lab and it was not working with 3.7.x. Rolling back a version and it works really seems to point to a conclusion to a problem in 3.7.x.

I am unaware of any changes made to the lab systems between attempting to get 3.7.x to work and having success with 3.6.8. We downloaded and installed 3.7.x and debugged for several hours when a colleague thought we might try an earlier version of the program. We rolled back the Waveforms software and voila, it worked.

I realize that this may occur from something in our setup here in the lab but when the only variable we changed was the version of Waveforms, we thought it appropriate to let the community know. There may be some kind of incompatibility with some extension we have installed in our environments on Windows 7/8.1 and Python 2.7 but that incompatibility does not exist with Waveforms 3.6.8 and the EE board.

Archived