Reading Analog Sensor on Zybo Board

vishav

Question

Hi,

I want to read an analog sensor value into my Zybo Board. I am looking for a starting tutorial. I have already followed XADC Demo but unfortunately I did not find it informative. Can you please suggest me some other sources?

Thanks

Vishav

6 answers to this question

Hi @vishav,

Digilent does not have a lot of other formal tutorials for the XADC portion of the Zybo (I presume you are using the original Zybo as opposed to the Zybo-Z7-10 or the Zybo-Z7-20, is this correct?) What part or aspect of the tutorial was confusing or inadequate so that we can help you and potentially update our materials as well?

Thanks,
JColvin

7 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @vishav,

Digilent does not have a lot of other formal tutorials for the XADC portion of the Zybo (I presume you are using the original Zybo as opposed to the Zybo-Z7-10 or the Zybo-Z7-20, is this correct?) What part or aspect of the tutorial was confusing or inadequate so that we can help you and potentially update our materials as well?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi  @JColvin

yes, I am using original Zybo board.

My Project involves reading a speed sensor and then using Ethernet to pass the data to the computer. So I thought of starting with reading an analog sensor and printing the value in SDK Terminal. Then I can modify the code accordingly.

The tutorial "Zybo XADC demo" doesn't give me any insight into how xadc was added in my hardware? 

I hope you can understand, what I am looking for.

Thanks 

Vishav

16 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @vishav,

I found an additional none digilent source for using the xadc with the zynq hereHere is a forum thread that discusses using the xadc on the zybo through the PS. 

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

Thanks for the reference. I followed the post and successfully created the hardware and imported it to SDK. I developed an application to read sensor data which was build successfully. However, when I run the application, it stucks at XSysMon_CfgInitialize function. On debugging it, I found out that it is calling DataAbortInterrupt. I am attaching the hardware design, address editor tab and code for your reference. 

It would be nice if I could have a solution for it.

Thanks

Vishav

Address_Editor_xadc.PNG

xadc_code.txt

xadc_design.PNG

Hi @vishav,

The XADC is built into the Zynq 7010 chip on the Zybo itself; the XADC IP core (created by Xilinx, so those of as Digilent don't know the internal details) creates the requisite additional hardware and controller for the Analog to Digital converter.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin,

Thanks for the reply. I have been facing an issue lately which I have posted in this post.

I have successfully build the hardware and exported it to my SDK. There I am trying to execute code to read built in temperature sensor. But the code stucks at XSysMon_CfgInitialize. I request you to please refer to this post for my design and code.

Any help from you would be welcome

Thanks

Vishav

Archived