Nexys4 ddr Ethernet

fLx

Question

9 answers to this question

@jperon really appreciate your response, i'v tried out the echo.c u created, please is there a way i can send those string to the teraterm without having to expect an input from the teraterm...i noticed if i press the enter key alone on the tera term, the string will be written to the teraterm .....i'l so much appreciate it, if i can set the enter condition from my main.c so as to have the string writing to the teraterm when ever the condition is true , instead of having to press enter from the teraterm...and also i'l so much appreciate if digilent team can create a sample code that makes nexys4 ddr as client and not the host ....this will really help us understand the concept and move on from there..thanks.......

i'v been trying so hard, spent nights, to get the ethernet communication through,having my nexys4 ddr as client or send string to teraterm from the main.c without having to expect input from the teraterm ....... all to no avail.....i'l so much appreciate if digilent team can provide the sample code as soon as possible ...thank you..

@flexible111,

I think you misunderstand the purpose  of the Digilent team.  Their role is to provide just a demonstration that the boards work--enough that you can know there are no hardware failures.  I think they've done that in this instance, and as I read the thread above that's exactly what @jpeyron was telling you.

Your role is to program the board to make it do .... whatever it is you want your hardware to do.  Do you know what it is you wish to do?  What your ultimate goal is?  That may be a worthwhile discussion on this forum.  Will you be using IPv4?  TCP or UDP protocols?

If you are using the TCP protocol, then .... are you familiar with it?  (I think this is what tera term uses--but I don't havve it to know.)  Do you know how TCP works?  Many FPGA designers choose to use UDP instead, since it is often easier to build with.  Listening on a UDP port, though, takes a bit more work, and often a different application (netcat).

Since you want to learn how to work with this network device, do you have wireshark installed?  You might need it to know what is and isn't working.

Dan

Archived