AD2, scope does not trigger on the wavegen

Maurik

Question

I am using the Analog Discovery 2, and the latest version of WaveForms, 3.7.5, on Mac OS 10.13.3.

I find that triggering the Scope on Channel 1 or Channel 2 works fine, but trying to trigger on either Wavegen channel does not give me any triggers. The same is true when trying to trigger off a pattern. The interface seems quite intuitive, but I must be missing something because I cannot get the wave form generator and the scope to synchronize, unless I trigger normally on one of the scope channels. Is there some documentation on how to do this?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Hi @Maurik

The instruments trigger output is high while it is running and the trigger condition is (by default) the rising edge on the selected trigger source.
By default the run time is continuous in Wavegen (No synchronization) or Patterns, so these will toggle their trigger outputs when started or stopped. First start (arm) the instrument (like Scope) in which you want to trigger on (like on Wavegen).

To have repetitive trigger specify a finite run time in Wavegen or Patterns, like shown in the following posts:

Hello @attila

Thank you for pointing this out. I had mistakenly thought the scope would simply trigger on the wavegen output, but it seems that it triggers on a wavegen "start", so running the wavegen in "continuous mode" does not provide triggers. This was not at all clear from the documentation. 

Your explanation cleared this up nicely!

Archived