Labvew executable and AD2

GundaGora

Question

I have an Analog Discovery 2 and LabView 2015 with windows 10.  Can anyone tell me what support files (such as the dwf.dll) I need and where in the windows file system they should be placed in order to deploy a LabView executable utilizing the Analog Discovery 2.  I have done this on a computer with only the LabView run time engine installed and the dwf.dll placed in the C:\Windows\System32 folder but when I run it the LabView executable reports an error: "LabView: Resource not found. dwf.dll  An error occurred loading VI 'DigilentWF.vilib:DWF FGEN Close.vi'."

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Hi @GundaGora

Did you install WaveForms? 
You can find this at the following page: https://reference.digilentinc.com/waveforms3

The LabVIEW Driver for AD2 requires WaveForms (at least the Runtime section from this) to be installed.
The dwf.dll is the main library of the WF Runtime but it also requires additional files from this setup, like device firmware files, and will also install Adept Runtime, the low level device support, and USB drivers... so copying just the dwf.dll is not suffice.

Archived