No averaging available with trigger other than signal in AD2

Piotr Rzeszut

Question

Hi,

First of all I think an averaging option is what we really needed ;) Thank you @attila

Unfortunately the option is not available when triggering from source other than Channel 1/2. I think the option should be available in all triggering modes - user have to be aware what can cause averaging with selected trigger option, and have an ability to turn it on or off - not having restricted access. (for example triggering one AD2 form CH1, then triggering second AD2 using external trigger - I have no ability to run averaging on second AD2...)

@attila- is there something that can be done in future releases? Or is there a trick to have averaging with these trigger options?

Kind regards,

PR

3 answers to this question

Hi @Piotr Rzeszut

The averaging and oversampling use FFT phase information of peak component or the trigger crossing position, the two samples around the trigger.
You are right, only for averaging we don't really need such precision.
The averaging enable can be forced using script. You just have to run the following script once after opening Scope1.

Scope1.Trigger.Average.SigEnable.connect(function(){ // in case the enable state chaged
    if(!Scope1.Trigger.Average.enable){ // if it was disabled
        Scope1.Trigger.Average.setEnable(true) // enable it
        Scope1.Trigger.Average.Sig() // force reconfiguration
    }
})

image.png.783acc1da2c36f3541667a8ba5b6249a.png

Archived