Question regarding the USB to JTAG programming cable.

Illini_2017

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Illini_2017,

The cable will be able to physically interface by itself to the board from your computer. What you will need is the software to send the appropriate commands/data over the cable. I personally haven't done anything like this before, but Digilent does have an AVR Device Programmer that you can use with that cable. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks,
JColvin

Dear Illimi_207,

All of our JTAG USB cable have an operating voltage of 1.8V-5V except for the JTAG_HS2 which operates on 1.5V-5V. I looked up the operating voltage for the ATmega644A on this website which says they operating voltage is 1.8V-5V. If you would like to look at the difference between our JTAG programming cables you can look at this website we have. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions let us know!

Best Regards,

Bobby

Dear Illimi_207,

All of our JTAG USB cable have an operating voltage of 1.8V-5V except for the JTAG_HS2 which operates on 1.5V-5V. I looked up the operating voltage for the ATmega644A on this website which says they operating voltage is 1.8V-5V. If you would like to look at the difference between our JTAG programming cables you can look at this website we have. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions let us know!

Best Regards,

Bobby

Hey Bobby. Thanks for the reply, but I guess I wasn't quite clear in my question. I have no prior experience with JTAG interfaces, and simply wanted to know if the cable that I linked was enough to program the microcontroller, or if I needed an additional USB to JTAG adapter.

Archived