jtag-smt2 not recognized

csong

Question

Hello, I'm having the same problem as in this thread: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/1380-jtag-smt2/ and cannot find any sort of solution. I've got the JTAG-SMT2 module verified to be powered by 3.3V and grounded and I'm seeing 3.3V out of the GPIO pins, but it will not be recognized by my windows 10 machine, by the digilent adept software, or by vivado 2017.4. It is not connected to an FPGA, I just want to test that it it working properly. I've tried switching the usb cables and using a different port, but it doesn'thelp. Please advise

9 answers to this question

Hi @csong,

Is you SMT2 on a board or you are just checking the module? You have to give it 3.3V from outside for the JTAG enumeration. It won't see the cable without that 3V3. On a system board it is expected for that to provide the reference voltage. If Vref pin is not powered, you won't have the device recognized. It's not enough to have VDD (pin 11) powered. You also need to have Vref (pin 9) .

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Bianca

Hi @csong

Can you show me a picture from your device manager.? Tell me if anything shows up when you connect the cable. Even Unknown device. If anythings shows, please tell me the Hardware ID under device manager, properties. 

Let me know what you find. Also, has the device ever work?

Best regards,

Bianca

Archived