Waveform 2015 display parameters & acquisition settings

Ivan Kostov

Question

Hello guys,

4 weeks I am trying to do some work with the Waveform 2015 software on my new Digital Discovery, but seems it is not very eligible for that. Logic panel.

I am really surprised to see that changing of display parameters like zooming or position of diagrams of already catch data is changing the acquisition rate. The rate that will be used on next acquisition. The same issue for opposite display parameter change operation: change of rate or buffer size, changes the position, changes the base changes the rate. What the heck is that? Student design&development or functional software that is crucially needed to support the work and sell of a commercial product? 

Please note that all these automatic changes are not needed for secure and reliable work, wrong and putting a serious regression in the user's work process.

1. Once set, the acquisition parameters must not change! On any price!
  2. Acquisition parameters must be separated.
  3. Display/view/consultation parameters must be separated, the user must not be pushed to mix them with acquisition ones. These must change in free manner not impacting any other settings.

Seeing how regressive and restrictive is the software, what I send to you in this message is not a suggestion. It cannot be. It is a requirement to provide an usable and a functional software. If by some reason Digilent is not willing to provide the required functional software changes I am willing to discuss an offer for paid version prepared only for me. 

Thank you,
Ivan.

2 answers to this question

Archived