HDMI input for Nexys Video.

hamster

I've finally got my HDMI input project to a point where I have something to show. This little picture makes me really happy:

Hdmi audio meters.jpg

This project does the following actions:

• Advertise HDMI support over EDID/DCC
  • Receive the TMDS signals
  • De-serialize them into 10-bit symbols
  • Align the symbols using bitslips
  • Tune the input delays for best reception
  • Convert the TMDS symbols into data values
  • Extract CTL, Aux Data Periods (ADPs) and Video Data Periods (VDPs)
  • Extract Video Infoframes from the ADP data
  • Extract Audio Samples from the ADP data.
  • Extract Raw Pixels from the VDPs
  • Perform 422 to 444 conversion, if required by video format
  • Perform YCbCr to RGB conversion, if required by video format
  • Convert Studio Level RGB to Full Range RGB, if required by video format
  • Convert Audio smaples to a relative db level
  • Overlay Audio level meters over the video stream
  • Convert the video stream and sync signals back to TMDS symbols
  • Serialize them through a 10:1 serialisers
  • Transmit the TMDS.

I think that this is an awesome base for any video experimentation.

I've even got to the trouble of making a GitHub repo for it:

https://github.com/hamsternz/Artix-7-HDMI-processing

Please feel free to fork and extend.

• 11 months later...

Is the issue with the 20ns solved now?  It is mentioned in the design sources. What I do not understand is the problem with the 148.5MHz and the spec. Why is that not possible?

Would you say it is possible to port this design to the atlys?

• 4 years later...
11 hours ago, D@n said:

@HAMZA,

I'm not sure why you are yelling (all caps).  It's generally not a good way to encourage someone you don't know to help you out.

That said, @hamster posted the link for his work above.  I found the edge filter within it without any problems.

Dan

@D@n 

Yelling !!!!

"It's generally not a good way to encourage someone you don't know to help you out.":

This is a public forum and anyone can ask!! I do not know that big caps bother you since there is " would", sorry!;

5 hours ago, HAMZA said:

This is a public forum and anyone can access and ask help,

True. It's also true that people who know the answers to anyone's questions don't have to help when given reasons not to. In this case @D@n did offer help. The anyone in this case just didn't realize it. BTW, Dan's an old fashioned man from at least the 1900's era :) , though it's possible that you chose a time period that he didn't find offensive. Your general response certainly was.

I realize that in some cultures a well aimed insult is good fun... until someone decides to take it seriously. I'd suggest that you'd get more sympathy and better answers by not throwing insults in response to replies to your questions.

[edit] As far as writing with all CAPS is concerned I don't have a side to defend. I don't engage in social media platforms so I don't infer yelling when faced with a particular writing style. I do realize that some people do infer yelling or being angry with capitalized sentences as the default situation. If an entire post is all caps then I really have no basis for making an inference about intent; it could just be the result of hitting the wrong key on a keyboard.  If a few sentences of a post are in all caps this could just be an attempt at trying to highlight a thought as important ( well perhaps more important than other parts of the post ). I can certainly see a context in which there's less doubt about trying to convey anger or yelling. Usually, it's best to just ignore inference and try to deal with substance as inference is error prone. The world is just a better place to live in when we try to understand someone else's personal universe rather than insist that everyone accommodate ours

Hi @HAMZA,

I will ask that you do not disparage other users on the Digilent forum, especially people who take time out of their day to respond to questions of their own free will. This will include using all capital letters which is yelling in a digital medium as far as I am concerned, as well as generally aggressive language.

It's 2020; you can ask questions, but respect for other people is just as valued now if not more than it was in the 1800's or 1900's.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

15 minutes ago, JColvin said:

Hi @HAMZA,

I will ask that you do not disparage other users on the Digilent forum, especially people who take time out of their day to respond to questions of their own free will. This will include using all capital letters which is yelling in a digital medium as far as I am concerned, as well as generally aggressive language.

It's 2020; you can ask questions, but respect for other people is just as valued now if not more than it was in the 1800's or 1900's.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

I didn't know that big caps especially with the word " would" bother you , sorry I have just rewrite it!!!

Archived