Imager Board

ajaymn

Question

Hello,

I have a VmodCAM™ from Digilent. - http://www.digilentinc.com/Data/Products/VMOD-CAM/VmodCAM_rm.pdf

I am planning to buy the cable and a connector board from Digilent as follws:

1.       VmodMIB - VHDC Module Interface Board :
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=VMOD-MIB

2.       VHDCI Male to male cable

I wanted to confirm that the VMODMIB has a female VHDCI connector and if I connect VMODCAM to the cable end and the other cable end to the VMODMIB I will be able to use the connectors on the MIB.

Looking forward to inputs on this so that I can procure the MIB and the cable

2 answers to this question

Dear ajaymn,

Both of the VmodMIB and the VmodCAm have female VHDC connectors. You definitely could get the two modules connected together with a male to male VHDC connector cable. The problem with this is that it would be very difficult to control either module this way. They wouldn't be connected to one of system boards and thus will make it difficult to send signals to these modules. I'm sure there is a way to get signals sent through the the Pmod pins on the VmodMIB board but that might be come not worth the effort. If you have a special way or an idea of how to this I would love to hear about it. It would probably be easier to use one of the system boards, such as the Atlys or the Genesys. These boards are designed to use the VHDC connector boards. I hope this helped. If yo have a more technical question I can always relay it to our engineering team see what they say. 

Best Regards,

Bobby

The plan is to have a dsPIC development board (that we have in house) connect to the VMODMIB through the PMOD pins which in turn will be connected to Cable and then to the VMODCAM. That way the dsPIC board will be used as the system board instead of the Atlys or the Genesys. There could be glue logic that would be needed but we can take care of that. 

Please can you confirm that this will work or get it confirmed from your engineering team

Archived