Problem AC701 SPI Flash programming with Adept

glanthor

Question

Hello!

I am an electrical engineering student and I use a Digilent AC701 board, for my projects. I have similar problem as cclaunch had(topic:Fmc Carrier S6 Loading Config File To Flash ). I want to use a free and easy solution to burn my config program to the SPI Flash but I can't do it with the Adept. I want to do automatic boot from the flash anyhow. Is there any new solution for this problem(a don't want to use impact)? Is it possible that the Adept will support the SPI Flash programming?

I thank you in advence for your reply.

3 answers to this question

Hey glanthor,

As far as I know, Adept does not support  the AC701 board and there are no plans to support this board in the future. Could you include the link in a response where you found this board?

As far as iMPACT goes, its not really a good option, as ISE is no longer a supported software from Xilinx (as its in end of life). Vivado is the recommended software to use with 7 series chips, and it comes with its own hardware manager. I am not familiar with this product, but I would suggest using the hardware manager within Vivado to configure the memory of your device.

Regards,

Nate

Hi, you firstly need to set the programming mode to SPI flash on AC 709 (sorry I don't have one and am not familiar with the kit). Once you autocorrect the AC701 to Vivado hardware manager. It will recognize the FPGA device. Then, you can right-click the device to create mci file and did the SPI flash programming ( like what you do in impact). I recommend you to google the Vivado manual. They listed out the procedure. 

Archived