Audio Processor using Digilent Atlys

melpin@digilent

Question

I want to build an Audio Processor using Diligent Atlys. I want to know whether is it practically realizable??? I don't have dedicated faculty in my college due to which i will require help . Has anyone done it in the past so that he or she could help me or guide me if i could get stuck???

3 answers to this question

The Atlys can definitely be a board to use for audio processing. I personally haven't used it but once you can figure out how the   LM4550 AC ‘97  audio codec works, it should be simple to put some effects into the stream.  I tried to download that project but it seems to have been removed. A good project to look at may be the looper demo for the nexys video here https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-video-looper-demo/start.

The only things you would need to change would be the audio codec interface and possibly the DDR interface. It is a pretty large project but I assume a reverb affect requires some memory applications.

Hopefully you have already got this issue resolved since I am realizing this post is from july.

-Sam

Archived