Uno32 issues

Beer-Man

Question

I have been dealing with this for quite some time. The problem is that I can not upload Arduino programs to the Uno32 board. I keep getting the following error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xff

I am connecting via a very good USB cable, and the Uno32 is powered externally. I really don't want to purchase another board since the Uno32 really is a great fit for what I am working on. As far as that is concerned, I have been able to make absolutely no progress on my project since I have been stuck at the start line trying to get this damn thing to work.

Further information: Arduino 1.6.5 IDE, Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1), connected via USB, Externally powered Uno32 board.

1 answer to this question

Hey Beer-Man,

As I understand it, MPIDE is made to work with the PIC32 chips. I have found one instance of the Arduino IDE being tweaked to program an Uno32, however it required the person to bring in and modify the Uno32 library from MPIDE in the first place. If you are committed to just using a single IDE, the process was detailed in a thread here http://www.chipkit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1877, otherwise I'd just recommend using MPIDE for your Uno32 board. I hope this helps, good luck with your project!

Regards

Archived