Scope, single acquisition Analog Discovery

_Blitz_

Question

Hi,

I am running Waveforms 3 beta on my macbook and i have encounterd a problem. 

When trying to capture and voltage impulse from my accelerometer the Scope never reacts to it. I have set Mode to normal, with condition: rising and level:0.2V And it never captures anything. 

I have checked the single acq. with the waveform generator, and when using that as an input it works flawless. 

What could be my error here?

2 answers to this question

The scope by default, captures and triggers on averaged samples. In case the voltage spikes are faster than the sampling rate it might not cause trigger.

First you can set a high time-base with None/Auto trigger. Beside averaged samples the scope captures noise samples at lower resolution which will indicate the spikes. Based on this you can adjust the trigger level and reduce the time-base.
You can also set the trigger filter to decimate. With this the trigger detector will look at scope ADC conversions rather than averaged samples.

asd.png

Attila, Thanks so much for all your help. I have been really impressed with your rapid replies.

I tried everything you said and final found out I am a moron. I thought the "Level" was the voltage offset from the median voltage (In my case 2.5 V) so I never used a trigger voltage above 1 V due because that was the maximum output of my puls with respect to the 2.5 V carrier. 

So, problem solved. 

Archived