Analog Shield Example Not Working

FilipeAltoe

Question

Guys;

I have hooked up a 100Hz 2Vpp sinewave to Analog Input 0 and ran the passthrough example sketch. Kept getting a flat 2V output on all AO channels (0 through 3). I commented out the two lines of the example and analog.write(0, 60000); in the hope of getting a different AO value on channel 0, but still get the flat 2V. Have a scope hooked up to AO channels. I have tried to set the V jumper to both 3.3V and 5V, but the result is the same. The Analog Shield is connected to an Arduino Uno.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Filipe

4 answers to this question

Hi Filipe,

It sounds like you're doing things correctly, but as a double check, where do you have your wires hooked up on the A0 and D0 channels? On the inside or the outside? The outside on both the DAC and ADC are connected to ground, so you would not ever see any changes in your output, whereas the inside pin (closer to the silk screen label) would be the actual input/output pin.

Thanks,
JColvin

Did this last version of the library get tested with Arduino IDE 1.6.4? I was trying this on Saturday 6/6 and have downloaded the latest library then. Is the one currently on github now different than the one that was there on 6/6? I am following the user manual for the gnd and signal pins for the connectors (outer pins are gnd).

I am out of the office until 6/18; so will be unable to test anything until then, but want to make sure whatever SW is currently on github has been tested with the latest Arduino IDE version before I get to it again.

Thanks

Filipe

Archived