New Software load

Mike Brooks

Question

Mike Brooks said:

Hi

Several years ( 2 )  ago I purchased a Cerebot MX7ck board.  The board works fine, but because of the time since I've used this board I can't remember or figure out how to download software to it.  It has an ICSP prt which is not to be used, so my guess it's loaded through a serial port or USB port.

Can you please tell me what I need to load a hex file.  I'm asuming MPLAB X but how do I load the hex file to the board.

Thx for your help in advance.

Cheers

Mike....

4 answers to this question

Hi Kaitlyn.

Actually it doesn't answer my question at all.  The board I'm using is a Cerebot MX7cK.  It has an ICSP connector on it but the reference manual on page 16 says not to use it.  So how do I program this board.  The only two alternatives are Serial or USB.  Which is i and how do I set it up??  There are several serial ports and a couple of USB ports.  Lots of choices!!

I actually tried to connect a PICKit 3 to the board but it didn't recognize the device!!!

Cheers

Mike....

Hi Mike,

I found this video on the Microchip site that goes through exactly what you want to do. It goes through how to program a board with MPLAB X and a hex file.

I hope this helps.

Kaitlyn

Archived