Analog Discovery analyzer with LVCMOS18

rpress

Question

I'm trying to use the Analog Discovery logic analyzer with an Intel Edison.  The Edison has 1.8V I/O.  This does not reliably trigger the LVCMOS33 inputs on the FPGA inside the Analog Discovery.

I think it might be possible to reconfigure the FPGA as LVCMOS18 input with a software option and the appropriate FPGA configuration.  So I would like to request this feature in a future Waveforms3 update.  Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Thank you for the feedback! We are always working hard to provide more versatility with our products and software.

If you're interested, you can try out a WaveForms3 beta version in the meantime. Check out this forum post for instructions on how to obtain the beta version. Many users post about their experiences with WaveForms 3 beta in that forum as well, so it's a good place to get familiar with the new software.

I hope you got the newer version v3.0.25/v2.0.15.

In this, under Device Manager you will find a 5th configuration for Analog Discovery with 0.5V digital input logic threshold. The other configurations have the threshold at ~1.5V.

The digital outputs are still at 0/3.3V !

I hope you got the newer version v3.0.25/v2.0.15.

In this, under Device Manager you will find a 5th configuration for Analog Discovery with 0.5V digital input logic threshold. The other configurations have the threshold at ~1.5V.

The digital outputs are still at 0/3.3V !

​That's great!  Thanks for implementing my feedback so quickly.  I need to get the circuit set up again, but I will test it soon with the Edison and report back.

Archived