JTAG Programming Cable Connection to Parallel Issues

goinet

Question

I originally posted an issue we're having connecting a CPLD programming cable to parallel connectors, but I haven't heard anything in a while, so I am making a new thread.

here is my original question:

"Hi,

I have a CPLD prgramming cable and connecting it to a Xilinix pn XC9572XL-5VQG44C. The issue I'm having is getting it to connect to our parallel ports. We've been troubleshooting this      for some time, and haven't been able to get anywhere. From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with our parallel ports (3 of them are brand new, and 1 of them has been used for              a while.). I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a call to make sure we have everything setup properly. You can reach me at 314-300-6147."

This is the response I got:

"Hello,

What kind of programming cable are you using ? Please be sure to use "real" parallel ports, as the parallel converters (like USB to parallel) won't work with programming cables.

Regards,

Cristian"

To answer your question, I have a JTAG programming cable. Some are connected to USB to Parallel ports. I understand that those will not work. However I have 3 others that are connected to parallel cards, or onboard parallel, but only 1 port works with it. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some help regarding this. 314-300-6147. 

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hi Goinet,

I'm sorry this appears to be frustrating. 
We would like to help. Are you using Digilent products in your design? e.g. what programming solution are you using?

We try to support our programmers (since we have in house expertise). However it is difficult for us to be able to support any programming solution, since each one is slightly different. 

-Larissa

Archived